What is Spinal Decompression Therapy?
Spinal Decompression therapy is modality applied with the goals of relieving pain and promoting an optimal healing environment for bulging, degenerating, or herniated disc. It’s goal is to:
• Create a negative intradiscal pressure to promote retraction or repositioning of the herniated or bulging disc material.
• Create a lower pressure in the disc that will cause an influx of healing nutrients and other substances into the disc.
Who Qualifies for Spinal Decompression?
Patients with acute or chronic lower back pain due disc lesions (bulging, herniated, and degenerated disc). Commonly the patient will report a symptom that travels into the leg like numbness, pain, and/or weakness. We usually know within a couple of treatments if the treatment is going to provide substantial relief for the condition.
What is typical session involve?
During spinal decompression therapy for the low back, patients remain clothed and lie on a motorized table, the lower half of which can move.
• A harness is placed around the hips and is attached to the lower table near the feet.
• The upper part of the table remains in a fixed position while the lower part, to which the patient is harnessed, slides back and forth to provide the traction and relaxation.
• Decompression therapy typically consists of a series of treatments (depending on the severity and chronicity of condition) lasting 15 to 20 minutes each
What is the cost of spinal decompression therapy?
The cost of each session varies depending the patient insurance plan. In most cases, it is about the same as a normal office visit.
15230 NE 24th St
Redmond, WA 98052
spinal decompression therapy
Our Spinal Decompression Therapist Welcome New Patients
To get started on bettering you health, contact us today!